5. Manufacturers Management
This Section allows you to configure your OpenCart store at the Manufacturers Level. The general layout of this page is as follows: this option shows you the list of product manufacturers and their data organized in tables.
You may define manufacturers of your products here to bring as much information to your customer as you can. You can add, edit, delete manufacturer info, to make your site more trustworthy.
To perform basic operations you can use Manufacturer's tool-bar:
Or use any of Manufacturers context menu.
- "Refresh" data forces list of manufacturers to update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts e.g. whether were the latest data displayed or not.
2. "Add New "- - calls blank Edit Manufacturer form, which is used to create a new manufacturer in an OpenCart store.
3. To edit manufacturer you can double-click on it or press 'Edit' button . It calls Edit Manufacturer form for selected product. Please see below for options.
4. You can "Delete" the selected manufacturer.You won't be able to delete this action unless you've made a Database backup.
Add or Edit manufacturer
To add or edit OpenCart product manufacturer you should fill the appropriate fields after pressing 'Add New Manufacturer' button and fill in the following fields::
- Enter/Edit the manufacturer name - this field is required.
1) content tab contains the following fields:
- manufacturer's name;
- sort order - the current manufacturer will be sorted in the manufacturer list depending on the specified number of its position;
- SEO Keyword - the keyword used for search engine optimization and can be added at will.
2) stores tab - you may select the Store you want the changes to be applied to.
In the case, you have only one store in your possession the default store will be set.
Please note, if you have the multiple stores the newly-created manufacturer will be assigned to the default store automatically and to be able to link to the other stores you should put the checkmarks in the appropriate positions:
Press 'Apply' button to save all changes.
Image area represents on the right pane where you can assign the official logo of the manufacturer - the procedure is similar to the simple image addition.
Use the options to select an image (locally or from the external source by specifying the full URL path to it);
If you have a picture of the manufacturer you can:
- browses contents of your local folders and select an image. When you press OK button on edit form it will be uploaded to "Images directory" on FTP. When the local image is selected, this field will display local image path like this - C:\My Images\some_image.jpg. But local image path will be replaced with image name some_image.jpg right after upload.
- option allows selecting necessary image stored remotely. It can be done by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Images directory".
- helps to delete the selected position from the available media list.