1.2 Connection Settings Name
This section describes how to create, edit or delete configuration name (connections to OpenCart store), how to create multiple configurations and how to switch between your OpenCart stores.
In order to start, please go to Settings-> Preferences (F12) -> Database Connection tab.
To start working with your store first of all you have to select or create your Store Configuration (connection settings name; It is a good idea to use your store name or some other informative name).
You can Load your configuration from the file if you have saved configuration settings previously. Also, you can select any configuration from the drop-down in order to switch between your stores.
Store Manager allows you to make the following actions with your connection settings:
1. Create new configuration. If you want to create a new configuration, follow few steps:
- Press "Add new store configuration" button next to store name field to select new configuration.
- Specify new name; It is a good idea to use your store name or some other informative name to cope with your databases easily.
- Click 'OK' to save this entry, or click cancel to discard this entry.
You'll have the new configuration to work with. You can create as many database connection settings as you need.
2. To check the software you can work with 'Embedded' (default) configuration, check the option - "Local (Embedded) database"
3. To clone your configuration with all its settings select "Other Actions" -> Clone configuration.
4. Rename configuration. If you want to rename your configuration, follow few steps:
- Press Other Actions button next to store name field and select Rename configuration from the drop-down.
- Change your configuration name in the edit configuration window.
- Click Ok to save this entry, or click cancel to discard this entry.
5. To delete your configuration select the appropriate action from the drop-down list and confirm it.
Note that you won't be able to undo this action!
6. To save current configuration allows keeping connection which you are currently using in a separate file at your PC.
Save all configurations and all their settings - this action can be selected one from the drop-down list of the appropriate button:
This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to new PC or reinstall Store Manager using complete uninstall.
7. To load your local database configuration press Load configuration button and browse contents of your local folders to select the existing configuration.